Whenever you go on a pilgrimage to the House of Allah, you must perform Tawaf. So, you must comprehend the meaning of Tawaf in its entirety. In this article, we will talk about “Why Tawaf is done anticlockwise?” By reading the whole description you will get a lot of benefits.
Tawaf is one of the most significant rituals of Hajj and Umrah that refers to the anticlockwise circumambulation around the Holy Kaaba. Hajar-e-Aswad (Black Stone) is the starting and ending point of each round of Tawaf. Pilgrims recite Takbir and other prayers based on the Prophet’s Sunnah while performing Tawaf.
The best option to perform Tawaf is the early months of the lunar calendar. Your journey can be more affordable if you make forward plans. Therefore, it would be wise to reserve your Umrah Packages right now.
Significance of anti-clockwise Tawaf around the Holy Kaaba
There can be many reasons for the Tawaf in the anti-clockwise direction. Many scientific discoveries have confirmed the significance of Tawaf around the Kaaba anticlockwise. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The circulation of blood within the human body begins anticlockwise.
- An atom’s electrons revolve around its nucleus in the same way that Tawaf does, in an anti-clockwise orientation.
- The moon travels anticlockwise around the earth.
- The earth revolves anticlockwise around its axis and the sun.
- The Solar System’s planets orbit the sun in an anticlockwise way.
- The Sun and its whole solar system revolve anticlockwise around the galaxy.
- Every galaxy in the universe revolves anticlockwise.
Read Also: Which month is best for UK Muslims to perform Umrah?
Rules for Tawaf:
Before making the Tawaf successfully, one should know the basic rules of performing it.
- During Tawaf, you must be in the state of Wudu.
- Undertaking Tawaf Niyyah is also crucial.
- To begin the Tawaf, pilgrims must start at the Black Stone.
- A pilgrim must round the Holy Kaaba seven times in an anticlockwise direction.
- During Tawaf, pilgrims must offer the Vitr prayer.
- The pilgrim should go back to the Tawaf after completing the Vitr prayers.
- Pilgrims attempt to kiss the black stone. If there are too many people, you can receive the blessings by touching or kissing with your hand.
- Additionally, if you are unable to reach the stone. You can point at the black stone and say “Allahu Akbar”.
Best time for Tawaf:
There isn’t a set time to do Tawaf. However, there are a few suggested timings that allow you to do it quietly. This occurs precisely at sunrise, immediately following the Fajr Prayer. At this time of year, Mataaf is not overly crowded, and the heat is tolerable. Especially if you are travelling with young children or the elderly.
To sum it up, Tawaf is a necessary step in Umrah and some forms of Hajj. It is significant because it links you to Allah (SWT) and reflects all the stars and planets in the universe. You will have to perform Tawaf during the pilgrimage after booking Umrah or Hajj packages.
It’s not difficult to do Tawaf, but you must be aware of the conditions, such as Ihram. In specific kinds of Tawaf, purity is the main requirement and dos and don’ts of ritual performance. Make sure you have a firm understanding of the types that apply to you before going on the pilgrimage. Hope you found the information here on Tawaf to be insightful.