Are you tired of just scrolling through cat videos on YouTube? Are you ready to turn your channel into a viral sensation? Well, you’re in luck because you’ve stumbled upon the ultimate guide to making the most out of YouTube. But before we dive deeper into the tips, let’s talk about the main guy: the algorithm.
Yes, the algorithm can be a real pain in the algorithm. Now grab a snack, and let’s get started on this journey to YouTube fame.
Tip #1: Optimise your video for SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimising your video to rank higher in search results and attract more views. By optimising your video for SEO, you can increase the visibility of your video and drive more traffic to your channel.
Here are some tips to use:
- One of the most important things to optimise for SEO is your video’s title. Your title should be descriptive and contain relevant keywords that people are searching for. For example, if your video is about “how to make a perfect cup of coffee,” your title should include the keywords “coffee,” “how to,” and “perfect.”
- Another important element to optimise for SEO is your video’s description. Your description should be a brief summary of your video, and also include relevant keywords. It’s also a good idea to include a call-to-action (CTA) in your description, such as asking viewers to subscribe to your channel or check out your website.
- You also need to use relevant tags that are related to the content of your video. This will help your video show up in search results for relevant keywords and attract more views.
Tip #2: Create engaging content
This means keeping your audience entertained and engaged throughout the entire video. This can be achieved by using humor, storytelling, and creating a sense of community.
Tip #3: Promote your videos on social media
Share your videos on your other social media accounts and even create a hashtag for your channel. This will help attract new viewers and increase engagement.
Tip #4: Consider YouTube growth companies
Leveraging Youtube growth companies can help expose your channel to a new audience and can also lead to some pretty awesome engagement.
Tip #5: Use end screens and annotations
End screens and annotations are a great way to promote your other videos, channel, or even a call to action.
Tip #6: Create a consistent upload schedule
This will help keep your audience engaged and coming back for more. Plus, the YouTube algorithm loves consistency.
Tip #7: Engage with your audience
Respond to comments and ask for feedback. This will help create a sense of community and will also give you insight on what your audience wants to see more of.
Tip #8: Utilise YouTube Analytics
YouTube Analytics is a powerful tool that can help you understand your audience and track the performance of your videos. By accessing the analytics section of your YouTube account, you can see important information such as your average view duration, watch time, and audience retention.
See these guidelines for better mastery and use
- One of the most important things to track is your audience retention, which tells you at what point in your video viewers are dropping off. This information can help you identify which parts of your video are not engaging and make adjustments accordingly.
- You can also use YouTube analytics to track the performance of individual videos, as well as your entire channel. This will help you understand which videos are performing well, and which ones are not.
- Another useful feature of YouTube analytics is the ability to track your audience demographics, such as their age, gender, and location.
- YouTube analytics also allow you to track your revenue, including your estimated earnings and how they are generated.
Above are 8 tips for making the most of YouTube. But don’t just take my word for it. Put these tips into action and watch your channel soar to new heights. Don’t let the algorithm get you down, because as the saying goes, “the algorithm giveth and the algorithm taketh away, but with these tips, the algorithm shall not defeat thee.” Go forth and conquer YouTube, my friends.